Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Current PC Experiences

As of now, I have a laughable gaming computer. It's a hack build that I've thrown together from spare parts acquired through various channels. Let's take a peek at the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
8GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT (ugh)
500GB WD Blue HDD
Intel DG35EC Desktop Board
Diablotek 300W (80+ Lead) Power Supply
All housed in an overkill Ultra Etorque A5 case (TigerDirect $20 steal)

Right now, I can just get Minecraft to hold 60fps with reasonably high settings.

Once I have some more cash to blow, I'm probably gonna by a used pair of 4GB GTX 670s and run them in SLI; it'll be almost as powerful as a 980 for half the price. I'll probably get a compatible AM3+ motherboard and and a decent AMD FX processor. An EVGA modular power supply will run the whole show. We'll have to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment