Saturday, December 26, 2015

Concerning 2016

I got a minute, so I thought I'd throw together a post with my plans for the coming year.

As you may know, I haven't made any significant releases for about a year. I've become heavily involved with my current educational institution, so that takes up a good share of my time. My motivation and inspiration have been pretty dry as well, mixed with technological limitations that prevent me from properly expressing what's inside.

I mentioned a little while back that I would enter the realm of disc spinning by picking up a pair of Technics SL-1200s. I've just invested in an inno-fader mixer, so there's no going back now. It'll be a while before I pull together enough coppers to finally get them, but I'll be sure to incorporate them into my music, whether it be sampling, scratching, or whatever I feel like making them do.

I might drop one Technics-less release before then, but I plan to hold off on an LP until I get a new setup going. In the meantime, I'm still brainstorming a variety of possible ideas to make something really neat when the time is right.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! If you're not into Christmas, have a happy holiday, Festivus, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Chinese New Year, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment