Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Delemia with Magnetic tape

I had my TI 99/4a computer in my basement for the longest time not being used too much. Then I decided it would be a lot easier to program it if I moved it into my room. It indeed was, but loading my programs from my stereo tape deck across the room was a drag. My old General Electric recorder had been broken for some time so I decided to buy a new one. I found a Sony voice recorder on ebay for $13, it was in very nice condition and would suite my needs. I got it shipped to my house and started to use it, only the thing was, it couldn't rewind or fast forward. This was a little bit inconvenient considering the buyer said it was in perfect working condition. He said he'll refund it (phew!) but I'm still looking for a new recorder...

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see that the old TI 99/4a is being put to good use after all this time. Keep on being awesome...you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should just plug it into the line-in of your Windows PC and use soundrec.exe instead! =O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have old software on tapes that I still use. So I needed a recorder (I found a new one by the way). I also don't have a functioning laptop at the moment.

      Delete